Great Shelford / Stapleford Neighbourhood Plan
These are notes from the Neighbourhood Plan meeting in January 2016.
• Need to maintain green belt between Cambridge Southern Fringe and the villages
• Need for housing mix to meet needs of residents (last housing needs survey was carried out in 2004 we need more up to date info – another survey?).
• Need for affordable housing
• Need for one level housing for older people – bungalows being replaced by large houses.
• Need for smaller units for down sizers and first time buyers
• Restriction on large houses (too elitist e.g. Mingle Lane).
• Need for attention to be paid to design of housing (update VDS and Village Plan as part N.P.)
• Protect green belt to preserve the setting of the village
• Identify and preserve green spaces
• Talk to Jesus College about ‘Shelford meadows’ – fields from Rectory Farm to Hauxton by river
• Need more and to be linked to provide circular routes
• Rights of way (ROW) should be considered in every new development
• ROW should be multi use
• Sustrans Route 11 from the station should be built
• Connect Gt and Little Shelford recs with a bridge over the river
• Footpath across Hobson’s Brook from the Hectare
• Non-vehicle access to Wandlebury Country Park and Magog Down
• Need audit of community facilities to identify gaps
• Need to extend into the Grange Field with different facilities for different groups
• Are the present sites adequate to meet the needs of the growing population?
• Need for additional parking
• Is above capacity – needs to grow – small sections of 106 money are inadequate to meet expansion
• Could it expand onto the adjoining site?
• If not suggest Health Centre could be part of a redeveloped village hall – (enough parking?)
• Can it take pressure off Addenbrookes by providing additional care?
• Will the station be unmanned?
• Will the crossing be shut?
• Need for station parking
• Need for footbridge
• Re-open line to Haverhill
• Integration of work buses with public buses
• Need for express version of Citi 7 which links employment centres
• Need for real time bus info
• If buses were more reliable and faster could reduce the traffic going through the villages
• Buses could link into Addenbrookes hub and then onto busway for faster journey
• More effective community transport – 7A has no-one on it
• Complete Sustrans route 11
• More village cycle parks
• Rented cycle park
• Need to put down marker to disadvantage those who use the villages as a ratrun
• 20mph speed limit?
• Integration of fares
• Local businesses need support with infrastucture