High Street, Great Shelford

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: Great and Little Shelford in old picture postcards by Margaret Ward

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: Great and Little Shelford in old picture postcards by Margaret Ward

Photo: Great and Little Shelford in old picture postcards by Margaret Ward

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Mr Cock outside his butcher's shop in the 1920s.

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: Great and Little Shelford in old picture postcards by Margaret Ward

Photo: Great and Little Shelford in old picture postcards by Margaret Ward

Photo: Cambridgeshire Collection

Photo: Cambridgeshire Collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

The man on the bike is Arthur Andrews. The bike belonged to Rev Canon

Carr, Rector of Little Shelford. After heeded Mr Pumphrey had it in his

garage. The other man is probably Artie Scan who lived in one of the

cottages in the High Street.

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

E.W. Rogers cycle shop which was opposite Barkers Butchers.

You can see a Barkers delivery bike in the foreground. Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Miss Bockham standing with a customer outside of her chemist shop.

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

Photo: The Mary King collection

The Black Swan was situated on the High Street. Demolished

in the late 1980s; now a used car lot.

The publican in 1916 was William Wade.

See more old photos of Great Shelford here